Pamper your skin in this summer:
Winter so out and summer is knocking on our door. It is always a pleasure to have a sun bath in a beautiful, mesmerizing beach. But just like winter, we should pay enough attention to our skin to keep it gorgeous. So, I thought to pen down some of the essential points, which were told by my grandma, to keep my skin fresh and healthy even in summer times. They are as follows:
1. Make a puree of cucumber and mix it well with some yoghurt, honey, oatmeal and lemon juice (for oily skin) or rose water (for dry skin). Apply evenly on to the face and let it stay for 20 minutes. Rinse off well with lukewarm water after the aforesaid time. If your skin is allergic to cucumber, make use of apricot or papaya instead of making a puree of cucumber.
2. Exfoliate your skin with lemon. Rub your skin with a half lemon and a pinch of sugar granules to remove dead cells and to lighten the skin tan.
3. For reducing skin blemishes, apply raw sliced potato on your skin.
4. Make a blend of egg white and honey. Apply it on to the face. It not only makes the skin soft and smooth, but also helps to reduce wrinkles.
5. Apply a mask of mashed banana and milk. Wash off after 20 minutes. This mask makes the skin smooth and supple.
6. Summer times are high times for skin tans. So, apply a paste of turmeric powder and limejuice. It helps to remove the tans and it even lightens the skin colour.
Other than these above points, we should also drink enough water to hydrate our body; we should wear cotton comfortable clothes. It is always recommended to avoid bright coloured clothes in summer, as because it absorbs sun’s ray. Wear a hat to keep your head away from direct rays of sun. Before stepping out of your home, make sure that you’d applied sunscreen lotion, having an SPF of 15 or above. Eat lots of green vegetables and fruits. Drink fresh fruits juice to skin your body cool. Try to keep yourself away from spicy and junk foods. Always remove the makeup before going to bed at night. Keep your skin well nourished with herbal moisturizer, containing skin-friendly herbs, like turmeric, aloe vera, saffron, apricot, sandalwoods, honey etc. and finally, wash your face with plain water after every few hours.